Friday, February 27, 2009

Gear

I have added pictures of all the gear I am taking. Although I don't have much the whole pack weighs around 40lbs which is freakin' heavy. I wish I could take less but then I would have to go without sleeping bag, a (only 1) change of clothes, or water. Basically, I have trimmed it down as much as I can, yet it still seems like a lot.

Getting in shape for this trip has been an issue since I have lost my daily biking and hockey habit. Truth be told, I've not put much effort into attempting to exercise other than skating around a few times mainly because I felt like a fatty after consuming delicious poutine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine). But that all changed yesterday when I donned the full weight of the backpack in order to exercise like a good city dweller...I walked up and down the 16 flights of stairs 4 times. Not sure how many steps that is but it's enough to make my legs shaky and sore. Today I must do 5 times and I'll remember to count the steps. (3hrs later: 352 steps)

I will heading off to Atlanta in a few days in order to begin. Until then.

2 comments:

  1. superb spring day here and changing time this WE... then again, we are in two different time zone ou presque!! Have a good last civilized day!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo brother, I miss you! Ca fait trop longtemps qu'on ne se parlent pas:( You said you had access to a phone with free long-distance; j'attends ton appel avec impatience! Je t'aime beaucoup et je suis ton progres/tes aventures. Eh, j'ai une question pour toi: what do you put the PB on? The GB or the OCP? Weird...Take advantage of the calories for me--i'm working on losing my studying weight:) p.s. i started indoor rock climbing! bisous xoxo ag

    ReplyDelete